Have you ever wondered what to post on Instagram? Maybe your family and friends are all on there and you want to jump in too. But if you’re anything like me, you either don’t have a photographic life, or you’re so used to seeing it all the time that it doesn’t feel photo-worthy.
What to post on Instagram often depends on why you want to use the platform. If, for example, you want to interact with family and friends, what you post will be different than if you’re trying to build an online business. Either way, you might sometimes get stuck—thus, my go-to list of Instagram photo ideas.
*Post contains affiliate links*
Without further ado, here are 25 suggestions for what to post on Instagram:
1. Kids—obviously an easy gold mine
2. Family shots including funny, serious, candid and cute
3. Your hobby—think of all the fun things you do!
4. Kids’ activities like crafts, experiments and sports
5. Family outings
6. Flowers and gardens
7. Home decor, such as book cases, display cases, anything new you’ve installed that’s pretty
9. Your work space or a behind-the-scenes look at your life
10. Recent projects, like any paintings, crafts, quilting, sewing, knitting, etc.
11. Food—this is a biggie because people love juicy food shots
12. Short videos—I love using Boomerang for fun
13. Outfit of the day, and then use #ootd to show everyone your cool threads
14. Shoes, which is one of my personal faves
16. Jewelry, because pretty bling is always drool-worthy
17. Flashback/memory, akin to Throwback Thursday and Flashback Friday (but I like memories on any day!)
18. Interesting local spots
19. Where you wish you were
20. Seasonal/holiday preparations or items
21. Nature—sunsets, beaches, mountains, trees
22. Slice of life, a.k.a. whatever you’re doing right now
23. Memes and quotes
24. Pets, because everyone loves cute pet poses
25. Your favorite drink in hand
If you’re more serious about Instragram and need ideas for monetizing, here are some resources for you to investigate:
How To Make Money On Instagram: Easy WaysThe Key to Making Money on Instagram: HowInfluencer Marketing: How To Make Money On InstagramSocial Media Business Blueprints: Make Money Through YouTubeSocial Media Marketing: Learn Strategies on How toHow To Make Money On Social Media: Everything
There you have it, my go-to list of what to post on Instagram when you don’t necessarily have a photographic life. (All those beautiful home decor posts? So not happening here, at least not without a ton of prep work. But here’s what I feature!) If you find yourself in a photographic hotspot, take tons of pictures and spread them out over time.
By the way, if none of the above suggestions work for you, you might need to get out more 😉
Do you have go-to ideas for what to post on Instagram?