**Post contains affiliate links**
Successful moms come in all varieties: working moms, stay-at-home moms, work-at-home moms, homeschooling moms. There are some traits and habits that I’ve noticed across the board in the women I admire most.
But before we can talk about the habits themselves, we each have to ask ourselves, what defines success for me? We’re all pursuing different goals, so if I tell you the specific habits necessary to land a reputable agent, that’s probably not going to help you.
Instead, I want you to define what success means in your life, and I can point you to habits that will bolster your quest. Word to the wise: make sure your definition of success is reasonable. As moms, we tend to be harder on ourselves than anyone else. Be kind to yourself!
Some of these may seem basic, but before you shrug them off, I want you to actually put them into practice. Ready? Here we go!
Habits of Successful Moms
1. Successful moms make self care a priority. You’re busy nurturing everyone else, but you need care and feeding too! You have a better chance of achieving your dreams if you take care of the basics: proper sleep, good nutrition and moderate exercise.
2. Successful moms nurture their spiritual lives daily. We are more than our bodies, and we need to care for each part of us. What feeds your soul? For me, prayer, worship and Scripture top the list. What does it for you?
3. Successful moms regularly take time away from the family. I’m not talking about trips to Vegas, ladies! (At least that’s not my thing, per se.) What I mean here is that moms need breaks from home, and that might be an hour long visit to the coffee shop once a week, or an outing to the bookstore without spending the whole time in the children’s section. A short but regular time away is good.
4. Successful moms have an established routine to fall back on. This is different than a rut! A routine is good for keeping projects moving and kids on a schedule, but can also be flexible depending on the circumstances. Routines help the successful mom to ensure there’s a proper time slot for all the important tasks.
5. Successful moms regularly delegate tasks. We are not meant to be a one-woman show. That might work for a while, but burnout will eventually follow. Whether or not you have another supportive adult in the house, it’s important to find ways to divvy up tasks, by hiring help or trading with other moms.
6. Successful moms nurture relationships with the people in their lives. This can be a tough one because everyone is so stinking busy. But what are we—who are we—without the people we love?
7. Successful moms make time to pursue their goals. Though some seasons might feel like we’re only here to serve our families, we have so much potential if only we’ll take time to pursue our goals and passions. By satisfying this part of ourselves, we are better role models for our kids.
These 7 habits look so simple, but there’s a big difference between simple and easy. If these habits were easy, everyone would be doing them!
As for me, I’m not there yet. There’s a lot of work to be done in my life. But guess what? I’m aiming high, and I’m aiming in the right direction.
How about you? What habits have you noticed in the moms you admire most?