If you’re looking for extra ways to make money without getting a job, I’ve got good news—there are a ton of different options for you!
Because you love living the big life at home, you’ll do anything to stay there! How do I know? Because I’ve tried many of the ideas on the following list at one point or another over the last twelve years, and I just may try the rest of them!
Some of the suggestions take more thought, preparation and time, and others will produce income right away. As with anything, you get out what you put in! But if you’re committed to staying at home, these ideas are worth a try. Without further ado….
**Post contains affiliate links. For full disclosure, see here**
20 ways to make money without getting a job (and I’ll bet you haven’t heard of them all):
1. Yard sales—also good for decluttering!
2. Craigslist—if it’s not nailed down you can sell it.
3. Etsy—you crafty critters can put your talent to work.
4. Craft fairs—don’t keep your gems for yourselves. Sell stuff!
5. Homeschoolclassifieds—sell your used homeschool materials.
6. Uber—a non-traditional way to work, and you set your own hours.
7. Tutor—people are willing to pay for your expertise.
8. Rent out a room in your home.
9. Simple alterations—you’d be surprised how many people need buttons and hems.
10. Sell stock photos.
11. Gardening—people love beautiful gardens but don’t know how to care for them.
12. Clean offices and houses.
13. Run people to the airport—works especially well if the closest airport is out of town.
15. Become a house sitter.
16. Become a pet sitter.
17. Freelance—writing, graphic design, virtual assisting pays. Look at a site like Upwork to get started!
18. Dealer trades—car dealerships look for people to swap cars with other dealerships. (I’ve done this many times!)
19. Teach homeschoolers—groups look for people to teach specialty classes.
20. Sell home-cooked meals.
Here’s a bonus one, just because I like you!
21. Be a test dummy for CNA (nursing assistant) students. (Our oldest daughter made nice money doing this!)
You have special talents that people are willing to pay for. Dig deep and think about the things you can do that make people say, “I wish I could _____” and monetize that skill. It may take a bit of thought, but let’s face it, it’s better than giving up the big life at home!
If you’re looking for additional ideas about ways to make money without getting a job, here are some books to investigate:
One thing is sure: if you’re looking for a way to earn money from home without getting a traditional job, there are more ways than ever to do so. Flexibility and a desire to work hard (on your own schedule) is a great place to start!
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done to earn money without getting a job?