Sometimes you need to do a complete 180 and change your mood right now. If you’ve found yourself in that situation, here’s how you can go from aggravated and cranky to feeling uplifted and peaceful right now.
*Post contains affiliate links*
Have you ever had one of those days where you want to change your mood because you just feel…off? Or worse, those days where you’re edgy and irritable?
I have, and it’s really no wonder. Those of us who stay at home or work at home are often so drained from pouring our lives into everyone else that we have only a minuscule amount of pep left for ourselves. Come to think of it, when I had a full-time career I still had some of the same issues, only I was pouring my life into different people and still needed to stay on top of the laundry pile, dirty dishes and daughter’s homework at night.
Either way, there are times when we’re sapped, cranky or feeling just plain foul. And we all know that if mama ain’t happy….everyone better run and hide. If you can identify the reason for your bad mood and do something to change it, great! But it isn’t always that easy, either because it’s several problems compounded over time, or it’s just a nebulous Thing that’s dragging you down.
Thankfully I’ve discovered a few tricks to change my mood almost immediately. The important thing is to realize that you’re having a mood issues and stop whatever it is you’re doing, and do something completely different.
How to Change Your Mood Right Now
20. Play upbeat music
19. Do some quick cardio exercises
18. Take 5 minutes to de-clutter the living room so you can enjoy the space
17. Take a shower, cry if necessary
16. Sniff flowers, candles or other yummy scents
15. Read something inspirational
14. Take a nap
13. Watch a comedy
12. Do 2 things on your to-do list and feel good when you cross them off
11. Throw away your to-do list
10. Get some fresh air
9. Take a long walk
8. Call a friend
7. Count your blessings—no, really…COUNT them
6. Write in your journal
5. Play a game
4. Buy yourself something pretty
3. Sit still and take long, slow breaths
2. Indulge in your hobby for 30 mins to an hour, guilt free
And my #1 tip to change your mood right now:
1. SNUGGLE! Hubby, kids, pets—so many options. Connecting with others makes a difference!
These suggestions work if you’re just having an off day. But if you are having life issues that need attention, take action to get life back on track, even if it means seeking outside help. It’s important for you to take care of yourself so you can keep taking care of others.
Remember, moms matter too!
What are you favorite ways to change your mood?